Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Anniversary

The month of November is typically when everyone looks at their calendars and says, "asldkf$@#!! It's November?!?" realizing the holidays are around the corner, not to mention the close of another year that seems to have just zoomed by. We start to think of what we're thankful for, the frenzy of holidays, the shopping stress, etc.

For me, November is another sigh of relief that I can still see. 8 years and counting and we're still holding strong, I hope and pray it continues to do so. It doesn't seem like 8 years ago; I still distinctly remember feeling them sew up my eye when I woke up in the OR. The exhaustion of unrestful sleep because I had to sleep sitting up for 3 days straight. Then having to sleep with my head lower than the rest of my body for 3 days straight because I wasn't healing properly. And worst of all, the feeling that I might never ever see again.

November isn't 'just-another-Thanksgiving' month for me. It's a reminder of what could have been, what should have been, and what I really have right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment